A step-by-step approach to teaching music in your school
Charanga’s Musical School Scheme provides teachers with week-by-week lessons for each year group in the school, from ages 5–11.
Used by 35,000 specialist and non-specialist teachers globally, it provides lesson plans, assessment, clear progression and exciting whiteboard resources for every lesson.
Musical School Learning
The learning within this Scheme is based on:
- Listening and Appraising
- Musical Activities — creating and exploring
- Singing, Playing Instruments and Performing
Everything is clearly and simply explained and the planning support is extensive.
Interactive Teaching Resources
Because the on-screen resources are so visual, supportive and everything is at your fingertips, each lesson is full of music and the children enjoy every moment.
Musical School Assessment
We’ve looked at all the great thinking that has been done on assessmentand created an easy-to-use framework that’s perfectly suited for both music specialists and non-musicians.
In essence, there are three aspects to the assessment:
- Aged guidance with the expected musical learning against which to assess
- One-page lesson plans with the facility for you to formatively (continuously) assess
- A digital evidence storage facility to help you build a musical profile for classes and individuals
Free extended trial till 31st December 2019
Discover why Musical School is having such an enormous impact on the teaching and learning of music in over 8,000 primary schoolsStart Free Trial
There’s no obligation and we don’t take any payment details.